Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life on the Ranch

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging."
-Will Rogers

Life on the Kindergarten Cowgirl ranch is not easy. Not only do we have quite a few mouths to feed, we also live off the grid. This means our ranch runs on propane and solar power.

What happens when your two teenagers come home for the holidays? You guessed it: more mouths to feed. And less power.... TV, cell phone charging, laptops buzzing and when you throw in round the clock Christmas lights (oops) the next thing you know your solar batteries are empty, the inverter is beeping and Cowboy Dad is hoppin' mad.

Best thing to do? Head outta town. Luckily I had plenty of shoveling to do at school this week. Just look at this mess:


And this:


And over here:


After two days of work my dogs are barking BUT I have made substantial progress on this craziness. I just love before and after pics so hopefully I will have some for you soon. I may have mentioned my class is extremely interesting this year (read: large and rowdy) so I have some tricks up my sleeve for a different room setup as well as all new routines. We all know Kindergarteners come back from holiday break all grown up, right?!

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment