Thursday, March 1, 2012

What To Do With Your Valentines


Teachers have a special talent for making a book out of just about anything. Here is my collection of Valentine Books. I got this idea at the California Kindergarten Conference about ten thousand years ago and have enjoyed making books out of my Valentines ever since.


Nothing is easier to make and the children adore them. Just glue the selection on some construction paper and add stickers or other embellishments if desired. Or not. Laminate. Punch holes and tie the pages together or just staple them.

If you already threw your collection for this year out, I will pause while you grab a Kleenex.


The past couple of years I have been so lazy resourceful that I just slipped the pages into some plastic sleeves and used metal rings to put them together. Do it. I promise you will love having your own collection!

3 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea. I love it! I hope all is well with you and I am loving your blog cowgirl.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaahhhhhhh! Why didn't I think of this a million years ago! I do still have this year's valentines so may try this. Brilliant!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! In all my years of teaching I always thought I should do something with my Valentine's and never did. I still have this year's so I can't wait to make my own. Love your blog....I"m your newest follower! =)
    Bobbie
    http://thedailycupcake-akindergartenblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete